jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it wrong to include links to your hubs when answering questions?

1. Cas Merchant profile image60
    Cas Merchantposted 4 years ago

Is it wrong to include links to your hubs when answering questions?

I include links to my hubs when I think the information answers the question, but someone just got very offended and told me he would not read my hubs because of this. I don't advertise my hubs because I really don't care about the views or the money, but it seemed redundant to have to write information that was already written. Was I wrong?

2. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 4 years ago

Well, in the forums of HubPages you are not supposed to place links pointing to your hubs even to support the topic you are discussing. I would vouch a guess (although I am not sure) that the same applies here. However just to play safe you had better ask an expert or wait for an expert to respond. Good luck to you in your work. smile

3. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 4 years ago

Hi Cas Merchant,
    HubPages generally don't like to see Hubbers advertising or promoting their hubs through answering Hubbers questions. If they catch you, you could get banned permanently. However, I have seen a lot of Hubbers pasting their Hubs as links into their answers and they still didn't get caught. It's a tricky subject. I'm sure if you write a hearty, long answer and say that if they want to read more, they can click on the link which directs them to your Hub, you'll be fine. I still would be cautious so I wouldn't recommend doing it. Play safe. Sorry I couldn't be of more help and best of luck for the future!

4. Cas Merchant profile image60
    Cas Merchantposted 4 years ago

wow...I wasn't aware of that. HP is supposed to be a community, so I never figured it would be a problem. Still, I can see how it might get out of hand, so I guess its understandable. Thank you, everyone, for your help. For some reason I wasn't able to respond directly to your answer, so I hope you all see this.

working