jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do commenting, answering questions and participating in forums significantly imp

1. healthwriterbob profile image83
    healthwriterbobposted 6 years ago

Do commenting, answering questions and participating in forums significantly impact hubber score?

2. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I have noticed a 1-5 point difference when I answer questions. I do not participate in forums so have not noticed a difference. I also notice a 2-3 point difference when I hub hop. I guess it depends on how much you want to participate in these activities. It can also depend on how much people like your answers. If they don't like it and vote your answer down, it can negate any addittional points you would get.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The conventional wisdom is that such activity may affect the author score quite a bit. I believe it to be true. However, Hubbers with significant traffic to their hubs may maintain a high author score even though they are seldom active on the site.

4. Ironman1992 profile image61
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

The more commenting, questioning, and participating you do makes you more known to the hubpages community, and more people are likely to check your hubs, increasing your hubber score.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I agree there can be a difference (increase) in your score.  The guidelines even mention those two things can increase scores.  Also, I've 'hopped' hubs before just to learn and check out what is being written, and later I've been amazed that my score increased!

6. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

I believe they impact score. On days views are down' but other activity up, scores go up or at least remain stable. I love to ask and answer questions. It keeps the brain sharp. Everything we do on HP helps us, even one helpful comment on a hub can make my day. It isn't all about a good score for me.

7. profile image0
    SmartyPensposted 6 years ago

I have noticed these things change my score within about a three-point range. I write a lot on several websites, so I tend to not spend time in forums and on comments.

8. gabgirl12 profile image77
    gabgirl12posted 5 years ago

I don't think it has a direct impact.

Indirectly it may. If someone likes the way you answer, they might decide to visit your hub and vote you up or comment. I know there have been plenty of questions where I have seen comments that made me think, hmmm I want to see what they are about.

working