Can I submit posts from my personal website as Hubs and vice-versa?

1. PatrickC profile image61
    PatrickCposted 4 years ago

Can I submit posts from my personal website as Hubs and vice-versa?

2. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

You can't publish anything on Hubpages that's already been published and is out there on the Internet somewhere else. It's against HP rules and, if you have two of the same thing published in different spots on the Internet, Google will pick which one to direct people to, so one of them could be ignored by the search engine.

3. brianrock profile image88
    brianrockposted 4 years ago

If you're just planning on reprinting the post as is, then no. HubPages does not allow you to reprint things that you have already published elsewhere. By submitting a hub, you're claiming that it's "original" content, and any duplicate content may be flagged and removed by moderators.

You could, if you wanted, reprint your hubs on your personal website. You retain ownership of the material, so HubPages can't stop you from re-publishing. Assuming it has been live on HubPages for some time, then the Hub shouldn't be penalized for duplicate content. However, it's unlikely to benefit your blog much. Google frowns on duplicate content, and in this case it may not even index the duplicated page.

What is a good idea, though, is to rewrite the same article and/or attack the same topic from a different angle. So for example, I have a post on my blog comparing two cameras (the Canon t3i and Canon t4i). I wrote a hub on the same topic. They make some of the same essential points, but neither is a duplicate of the other. In the eyes of Google (and HubPages), they're "original content." And, best of all, they can both rank in the search engine results.

Your ultimate goal should be to get a Hub (or post) ranked near the top of the search engine results, because you'll get more visits from Google. But by writing two similar articles published in two different places, you can potentially get more of the visitors who search for that same phrase on Google.