jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Uploading a GIF image.

1. Randomovic profile image74
    Randomovicposted 5 years ago

Uploading a GIF image.

I keep on getting ((Sorry, we do not accept animated .gif files.)) Any suggestions of what I can do? ...

thank you smile)

2. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

There's nothing more to be done, HubPages does not support animated GIF images. Upload a static image or embed a Youtube video.

If you yearn for an exercise in futulity, you can email help/support and start a forum thread asking why we can't upload animated GIFs, then proceed to argue back and forth with staff and random idiots who practically live on the forums.

But at the end of the day you still will not be able to insert an animated image into your hub.  Save yourself the headache and find a static image instead. Best of luck to you!

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Funny, and true.

3. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

Yup, static images need to be jpegs, and for videos it's Youtube or a similar service.

1. Doc Snow profile image95
      Doc Snowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps I should have added that there are many options for file conversion for your favorite static images; I use Preview (a standard Mac feature) as a rule.  There are also (free!) online options, which allow resizing if needed.

4. AlexK2009 profile image93
    AlexK2009posted 5 years ago

Play the file and capture it as a video, say using JING. I have not done this but  I am sure it is possible.

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I have had the same problem and wasn't able to upload the image. I was forced to use a JPEG instead. GIF's can definitely be effective.

6. Patkay profile image91
    Patkayposted 5 years ago

If you have Photoshop, you can open Photoshop and then drag and drop your image there. Then go to file save as. Select where you want to save, type the file name and below that select JPEG as the format.

You can also do the same using MS Paint. Just open Paint and follow the same procedures as above.

Hope this helps.

7. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Animated gif files take up a lot of physical space and bandwidth. I have found them useful in PowerPoint Presentations where I would use a small one that moved just enough to attract attention. Also, the static image cannot be expanded or reduced like a Jpeg, So if it was accepted, it may not come out as you expected.

working