jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why no one bothers about my hubs?

1. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
    purnimamoh1982posted 4 years ago

Why no one bothers about my hubs?

Most of my hubs are featured and do get reasonable amount of page views. The topics are simple day-to-day things for a typical housewife. I wonder why people do not comment on my hubs. I would learn more if I know the issues (both positive and negative) associated with my hubs.

2. cgreen7090 profile image59
    cgreen7090posted 4 years ago

the more you visit other hubs and contribute and comment, the more likely they will reciprocate.

3. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 4 years ago

It could be that most of your viewers are from search engines. If that is so, they rarely comment. Usually if the views are from HubPages, they will comment in the first month that it is written and then they stop.
    The more you visit and comment on other people's hub, the more they will visit and comment on yours.

4. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 4 years ago

Purnimamoh,
    I have found that if you want people to comment on your hubs, you have to comment on their hubs first.  Perhaps by joining forums or asking and answering questions, more people will comment on your hubs.

5. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 4 years ago

People who find your articles via search engines are not as likely to comment as signed-in HubPages users are.  I wouldn't be too concerned.

6. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 4 years ago

Hi, purnimamoh1982.

You have a hubber rating of 91 and 139 followers today. That means your hubs must be good, and people must be reading them. That's excellent!

I have quite a few hubs where I can get between 100 and 200 visits before anyone comments. Most of my traffic comes from search engines. A few friendly faces here on HP come and visit and comment, and I do the same with them.

I do not always comment when I visit a hub, but I do give a thumbs up if I liked it. )

7. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

In my experience you'll get more comments - usually positive! - if you read hubs and make your own comments first. It's a form of mutual commenting and benefits HubPages overall.
    The important factor is to be consistent. Try and make a comment on one or two hubs each day. Choose a hub that really interests you so your comment has an authentic element to it. Keep it up, because people forget and don't sometimes return the comment.
    Try it out. Start today and go on for two weeks, three, a month. If you don't get any comments returned I'll be very surprised!!

8. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
    purnimamoh1982posted 4 years ago

Dear Friends, I can not explain my happiness in words after reading all your responses. I now understand that not having comments is not a worrisome issue. At the same time, I completely agree that if I need your attention, I need to be attentive also. I shall follow your suggestions. I shall make it a point to register my views about hubs written by fellow hubbers in the form of comments on a regular basis. Thanks a lot for all the responses.

working