jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you use Google Analytics for writing inspiration?

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image98
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

Do you use Google Analytics for writing inspiration?

I was looking through Googles Analytic's information, and saw a few people had been referred to my hub by using  words that I only briefly mentioned. This inspired me to do another Hub on that specific topic they had searched for.
    Have you ever done that, or am I spending waaaay too much time analyzing data?

2. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

I thought I was the only one too! I did something quite similar. I was looking at the words used by people in searches and found that someone had searched on something not in my hub at all and Google still directed them to my hub (which was kind of related to be fair). I did some research on it what they were actually looking for and as a result wrote a hub which is doing quite well. I use Google Analytics far too much too I think, but it is kind of addictive there is so much there!

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image98
      Gcrhoads64posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. smile

3. breathing profile image60
    breathingposted 2 years ago

No, you are doing absolutely fine. Google analytic is an awesome tool for checking online traffic. The hub users can be greatly benefited from the use of this tool. You can check the specific words against which the users are searching your hub most of the time. This will obviously inspire you to create more hubs around that keyword. Also you can see the different locations from where your hubs are visited the most. Even you can set up different campaigns by setting different parameters to check the probable results. This will give you an insight about which keywords to prefer and how frequently you will need to write articles on those keywords.

Another exciting thing about Google analytic is that you can check out the bounce rate of your hub. This will help you to understand what kind of posts you shouldn’t be aiming right in future so that your bounce rate becomes high.

Then there is the advantage of seeing search engine traffics. You will get to see respective traffic from different search engines. This will help you to take necessary and different steps for different search engines. Thus you will be able to get the best results with regards to your hub.