jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Where can I best introduce myself on HubPages?

1. kevinwrites profile image61
    kevinwritesposted 4 years ago

Where can I best introduce myself on HubPages?

I'd like to be an active member of this community but don't know where to start.

2. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

The best place to introduce yourself is in the forum. You can also ask questions, and the more experienced members will gladly help you out.
    Welcome to HubPages, kevinwrites.  smile

kevinwritesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the warm welcome.

3. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, kevinwrites. To me, the best way to become known is to read other hubs. Make supportive, helpful comments and people will come to read yours. I read here for about 6 months before I joined and started writing. I had followers immediately and they were all wonderful supportive friends that I had made while reading. Read, make comments, answer questions and ask them. People will come to read yours when they see that you make thoughtful comments.

4. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 4 years ago

Well, you have made a good start by asking the question smile
    As some of the others have said, all you need to do is start joining in - write some hubs yourself, read and comment on others' hubs, join in the forums, ask and answer questions and find some like-minded writers on the site to follow. it doesn't take long to start getting to know people and getting some followers of your own. Good luck.

5. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Your profile section gives you a nice space to say who you are. Then get out in the community, answer questions, comment in the forums, comment on other hubs, and write some hubs of your own. The learning center has lots of great info to help you get started writing also.

Thank you peeples. I'm amazed at the number of interesting hubbers we have in this community. The learning center appears to be very helpful as well.

2. peeples profile image93
      peeplesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is a great community with an abundance of information! Welcome to HP and Thank you!

6. wqaindia profile image67
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

With so much speed in wiring quality novels @50000 words per month, you appear to be possessing rare skills. You can start contributing in Hubs, Q & A. Commenting on Hubs, that you are interested in, can build up a good fan and follower base for you and seasoned hubbers  reciprocate with open arms. Best of luck and success at HP.

Thank you for the advice. I started writing for HubPages over a year ago and things seemed to have changed. I'm eager to start writing here again.

7. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

You've started at the right place, Kevin.  Welcome back.  Your profile does seem like the place to let folks know a little about your interest and the topics you plan to write about. Don't be shy about commenting on hubs others have wrote and they will be glad to check out your hubs.  Much of our traffic comes right from this community.

working