jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Can we re-post our hubs on other writing networks?

1. ccdursina profile image73
    ccdursinaposted 4 years ago

Can we re-post our hubs on other writing networks?

I wrote a hub that I would like to publish it elsewhere, is that allowed? I tried to find this info under terms & cond... not so sure I did

2. profile image0
    Astlyrposted 4 years ago

That would be considered copying, and it will get you expelled from Google ad sense.

Hubpages looks for duplicate content on their hubs, so when they moderate your article, and find it elsewhere they will flag it and you account and your hubs will be eliminated.

from the  hubpages terms & condition:
    prohibited use:
    Publish Hubs or Hub Content that are identical to, substantially similar to, or derived from other Hubs and/or content published elsewhere on the Web. This applies even if You are the owner of that content and/or have the rights to publish that content online.

So if you want to publish it elsewhere you will have to erase it from here and from Google webmasters tool, if your'e following the url of the hub.

1. ccdursina profile image73
      ccdursinaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for clarifying this for me... at first I thought we do have the right of re-posting...
      Great answer!

2. profile image0
      Astlyrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

you welcome, everyone has wondered the same thing at one time.
      unfortunately some found out the hard way, getting banned and losing their work.

So I recommend, to always have a copy of your work, better safe than sorry.

Take care!

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wrong.  Adsense won't penalise you for publishing your own work elsewhere.  Nor will HubPages.  However it's a waste of time because Google will pick one version and ignore the other one, so there's no point publishing it twice.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i heard that wikinut allows re posting your hub from HP to there. Just change the headings, titles and some of the words. Don't have to be 100% the same. Would be consider duplicate. I change 10% of my hubs. Very troublesome to make so much changes.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Hubpages wants original content on their site. Advertising and traffic keep the site operating and the best way to do that is by having unique and original content.  You cannot post your hubs elsewhere once it is published here. You can unpublish a hub and move it to another site, however.

5. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Yes it is allowed but certainly not recommended.

You can't publish an article on HubPages if you've already published it somewhere else - but you can publish an article somewhere else AFTER you've published it on HP. 

However, it's not a good idea.  On the internet, you get 90% of your readers from Google.  When Google sees two copies of the same article, it picks one version and dumps the other one.  You can't always be sure which one Google will choose.  So say, for instance, that you posted a Hub (which can earn money) and then posted the same thing on a blog where it can't earn anything.  If Google picks the version on the blog, you'll get no visitors to the Hub, so you've just missed out on earning income from it.

So by far the best thing to do is to publish each article only once.

Closed to reply