jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What do you figure is an average Hub score?

1. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

What do you figure is an average Hub score?

Just wondering. Just kind of mathematics's logic would say it is fifty.

2. nochance profile image94
    nochanceposted 4 years ago

There are a ton of different factors they consider when figuring out the scores. I've written a few bare minimum poetry hubs. They're between 100-200 words, no pictures, boring title, back when I didn't have a whole lot of followers and nobody really searches poetry online anyway. Those hubs would float at about 65.

So unless you're doing really, really terrible content or copying from somewhere else online you're not going to get lower than about 60. Especially since hubs start out at about 50 so mathematically the average would be about 75. Which sounds about right to me, maybe a little closer to 80.

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for that thoughtful answer. I am doing something wrong. So we will see.

2. nochance profile image94
      nochanceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean you're doing something wrong? I checked your profile and you seem to be doing fine.

3. Ericdierker profile image57

Oh nice lady I doing more than fine. Shucks it has been a year and I just realized I could do stuff like advertise and network. I just posted a hub, 49. So far, over 10 comments in three hours. I am having a blast. I just like the numbers like baseba

4. nochance profile image94
      nochanceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Got it. I really enjoy watching the numbers change as well. smile

3. icv profile image69
    icvposted 4 years ago

in my opinion 65 - 75 is a average and above 80 can consider as excellent

4. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Your poser sent me reeling to look at my hub score... I have several unpublished hubs with nothing written yet... just a title, and their score is 68. On the other hand, I also have one unpublished hub with 54. I believe the minimum is 50, just like what nochance had said. I also believe that the hub score for unpublished hubs with no contents is based solely on what HubPages figure is the chance of making money, based on the presence or absence of high-paying keywords in the title.

In his hub, "How Hubscore Works", darkside says: "The HubScore is a reflection of the success that your hub has accomplished, it is not a step towards success. HubScores fluctuate, so don't hitch your emotions to the numbers on your hub. If you enjoy hubbing then go and research and write content for another one!"

I wonder whether HubPages does a normalization of ratings, with the 75% mark as the mid-point. However, I am not too obsessed with the hub score. I just do my best and that's it... what else can I do, other than deleting the hub?

Well it would appear that "potential to monetize" is the leading factor. I have gone back and added money making capsules to some and the score did go up,,,, nothing to do with content. And I have done same with keywords. Live and learn I suppose.

2. WalterPoon profile image80
      WalterPoonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ericdierker, what did you do to the keywords. Can you give us an example?

3. Ericdierker profile image57

How embarrassing! I normally just write my story and publish it. I am rather rude that way. So I go back and take out some of my not so normal language and replace it with things people would look for. Then I repeat them a bunch in the summary and ..

working