jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is there any advantage to using an "Exclusive" title for a hub?

1. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 4 years ago

Is there any advantage to using an "Exclusive" title for a hub?

HubPages suggests exclusive titles when you start a new hub. I have tried using a couple of these, but not sure what the benefit of this is  - I can't say the hubs attract any more traffic than any others.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

I have never used 'Exclusive' for the simple reason that it can not be changed later on. I sometimes edit and change the title of my hubs, when I see a decrease in traffic and it does work.

1. mary615 profile image91
      mary615posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have found this to be the biggest drawback in using Exclusive Titles.  I change my titles often, too.

3. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 4 years ago

I think, in part, it helps in giving an idea for a title if it meets the needs of your subject.  I have used it twice and note no effective dramatic results outside of it helping me choose a title.

4. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

Do you mean a title that has not been used before?  Isn't that all of them?  Or do you mean titles with the word "exclusive" in them?  Just a tad confused as I thought duplicate titles are forbidden.

1. ytsenoh profile image86
      ytsenohposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When you write a new hub now, options for titles come up and if they fit your needs, you can pick one of them.  These particular titles are categorized as "Exclusive."

2. stanwshura profile image75
      stanwshuraposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh, duh... I had forgotten about that.  Thank you. smile    Most of my interaction on hp lately is with my Android, and it has a lot of shortcomings, that I can't write a hub (or an article for any other site) being one of the biggies.

5. Neinahpets profile image86
    Neinahpetsposted 4 years ago

The only benefit I found is that it is great if you type a keyword in and it suggests topics to make hubs about.  As far as more traffic?  I don't notice an increase... in fact, I actually notice my exclusives (being my shortest titles) get less traffic.  I think it has to do with smaller titles, so in turn less keywords for search engines.

6. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Apparently you receive an Exclusive it is because it is the first hub on Hub Pages with that title which shows well in Google.  I got an Exclusive awhile ago and it nearly drove me crazy.  There was a violation on it to boot and it wouldn't let me publish.  Eventually figured all the intricacy and published,  .  Mine was unintentional.

working