jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)

Sharing our own Hubs on Google+

1. mary615 profile image97
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I'm thinking if we post all  our Hubs on Google+, it would be a good way to "archive" them.  Is this a good idea or a very bad one??

1. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Mary, we can only provide links on the social sites or we get flagged for duplicate content.

I start everything I write in Word, whether it's for HP, my blog, or paying clients. That way I always have a copy.

mary615posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have a mystery concerning Word.  I have always written in Word, then copy/paste to go into a text capsule on HP.  I just realized my posts have disappeared from Word documents!  I don't know what I am doing to cause that.  Any ideas??

Are you copy/pasting or cut/pasting?

Save your docs in Word, then copy a few paragraphs at a time into the text capsules. I've never lost a Word doc when copy/pasting.

I save the doc in Word and copy.  Surely I'm not cutting as I go!!  I don't think so.

I don't get it, then Mary. You can always copy/paste your hubs back into Word and save them. Just be careful moving forward that you're copying and not cutting.

Yes, I thought of that, but it sure would take some time to copy/paste the hubs back into Word!

Yeah, I know. Bummer!

2. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's a very bad one.

Thanks....

3. Faith Reaper profile image90
      Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

After I publish a hub, I share it on Twitter, G+ and Pinterest.  My FB is private though, but I do have a FB writer's page is all.  I never share my own hubs on HubPages though.  However I have seen many who do share their own hubs here. 

Not sure I have answered your question, being you are talking about saving your documents there.  I write mine in Word and then copy and paste them into hubs, so I always have a copy of what I write here.

4. peachpurple profile image80
      peachpurpleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

i always copy and paste each of my hub url in excel. Google+ and pinterest are great ways to share hubs but hard to track down all of them

5. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years agoin reply to this

There wasa  hubpages group on Google + but I have better luck with Pinterest. If I search Google for my hubs all I find are pinterest links not hubpages.

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Did you mean keep a copy in your Google drive? google plus is a social media sharing thing, but you can keep backups of your documents in your Google drive and keep it private, I do this to back up many things.

You can share a blurb and link on Google plus to share your hubs with others, but to archive whole copies of your hub - put a copy onto Google drive in a backup folder.

ChristinS   I do not have a clue as to what the Google drive is??  I had always assumed my docs were being saved in Word.  I just discovered there are not.  How do I find the Google drive??

I just found Google drive.  Looks like a good place to write instead of Word (maybe).  I'll play around with that.   Thanks.

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
          paradigmsearchposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like Google Drive. They've got spell checker, word counter, and all sorts of other neat stuff. I use them all the time. smile

I never knew about Google Drive. I'll be using that.  It looks a lot like Word, so I shouldn't have too much trouble with it.

2. ladyguitarpicker profile image72
        ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I'm like you Mary I just found Google Drive, did not have a clue. It seems to work good, also what I put in Word is still there.

3. profile image55
    Nonie5198posted 2 years ago

I've just started on this time but my opinion is,its better to post our hubs on Goggle+ It would be spreading to all of the people so they can see our hubs

4. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Sorry I'm just now getting back to this smile.  Google drive is a great place to store your work so that in the event of a major malfunction, you don't lose everything.  I'm a bit over the top probably, but I save all my work to an external hard drive, on my google drive and on my regular drive - so I have 3 copies of everything. 

One major catastrophe when I wasn't backing things up regularly set me on this path. 

As for hubs I write in OpenOffice and copy and paste into hub capsules.  I save the documents to Google Drive.  I also have a list of all my titles/urls

I think you are very wise, Christin to go to those lengths to save your Hubs!   I will use Google Drive from now on, too.

5. Peggy W profile image89
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Hi Mary,

The more places you share things the more likely you are to be able to recover them.  I usually keep a list of the titles of what I write and the dates but unless they are long tailed titles and show up in the first few pages when Googled, they are hard to find.  I should rather write down the URL's after publishing.

Because of deleting most of what I had written on that other site recently, I was able to locate most of the articles using various methods.  Some were on Google+ and others pinned.  Could probably have found others on twitter but that would have taken more time.

I should really save my articles but always thought that would take up too much space on the computer.  Will have to rethink that!

I think I will get into the habit of copying the URL of my Hubs.  I just wrote a new Hub on Google Drive and saved it.  I was able to copy/ paste very well from there.  It is so important to be able to find our Hubs in case we have to file a DMCA complaint.  I learned that the hard way.

working