Flickr image use

1. SpaceShanty profile image95
    SpaceShantyposted 4 years ago

Flickr image use

When an image states that it cannot be used for commercial purposes I would assume that if you are earning money from your Hub that would be considered commercial use?

2. Stephanie Henkel profile image95
    Stephanie Henkelposted 4 years ago

I agree. Unless you have ads disabled on your Hubs, you could be earning money on them and I'd consider them to be commercial. You could always contact the owner of the photo and ask permission to use the photo. Just be sure to say that you have permission of the owner in the source box.

3. Ceres Schwarz profile image21
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

Yes that's right. If you're earning money from your hubs, you should not use images that are considered non-commercial. Examples of these are those that have a Creative Commons license but are for non-commercial use only - CC:BY-NC (attribution non-commercial), CC:BY-NC-SA (non-commercial share-alike), and CC:BY-NC-ND (non-commercial no-derivs).

The only images that you can use even when your hubs are commercial are those images that are in the public domain or those that have the creative commons license CC:BY (attribution), CC:BY-SA (attribution share-alike), and CC:BY-ND (attribution no-derivs).

Check out the HubPages learning center guide on proper image use for even more detailed information. Here's the link: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use .

working