jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you turn off the approval setting for hub comments?

1. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

How do you turn off the approval setting for hub comments?

I want to turn off the approval setting for comments, and I thought I did it correctly. However, comments still need approval. Shouldn't I be going into MY ACCOUNT -  HUBS - COMMENTS. Then I went to GLOBAL COMMENT CAPSULE SETTINGS and set everything to NO. Is there something I'm missing?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Hey Abby,
          I am not sure, but I do not think this is possible. I may be wrong, but I think you would need to turn off your your comments completely. Maybe?? LOL

3. Ceres Schwarz profile image23
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

Do you mean that you want people's comments on your hubs to show up right away after they comment on your hub? If so, I think setting everything to "no" in the global comment capsule settings should do the trick. I have mine set up that way too.

I think this means the comments that people leave in your hubs show up right after the person commented on the hub. So this would mean that everyone who looked at the hub would also see that comment. However, when you see the same comment in your hub for the first time, you would see the "approve" and "deny" buttons. I see those too even if my comment settings is set to not approve comments before they appear. I take this to mean that, even if the comment is visible to others already, you can still deny it or delete it.

The difference with having the option "comments must be approved before they appear" set to "yes" is that, when someone comments in your hub, they won't see the comment appear in your hub until you approve it. No one else can see that comment too until you approve it. This means that you'll be the first person to see the new comment in your hub and then you can decide to approve or deny the comment. When you approve the comment, it will now show up in your hub and everyone looking at your hub can see that comment.

I think this is how it works because I used to have my comment settings set to "yes" on approving comments first but I soon changed it to "no". And I also noticed this on other people's hubs that I commented on. Sometimes, I'll see my comment on the hub and at other times, I won't see my comment on the hub until much later. Hope this helped.

1. Abby Campbell profile image95
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Ceres. This helps me understand better now. I thought the comments would look different if set to "no," but there is definitely the Accept and Deny buttons there. I just assumed that meant that I had to approve or deny.