jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How to Auto-Approve Comments

1. Victel profile image60
    Victelposted 6 years ago

I didn't realise comments didn't auto-approve until I just checked a thread and found about 20 from months back. Oops!

How can I set all comments to auto-approve to save me from clicking "approve" hundreds of times?

Thanks,

Victoria

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There is no way to automatically approve comments. However, it has no practical significance. Comments are set to appear immediately by default. Therefore, approving comments only becomes significant if you manually have set a comments capsule so that comments must be approved before they will appear.

3. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Hi Victoria, you can change the comments capsule settings by going to the hub clicking edit and then clicking edit on the comments capsule.

4. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

These days there are lot of spammers dropping links to their sites. I think you shouldn't enable auto-approval, Victoria. Just a suggestion smile

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Auto-approval does not exist as a feature on HubPages, as far as I can tell.

The default setting is that comments will appear even before they have been approved, but that is very different from auto-approval.

1. skyfire profile image72
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol I must say thanks HP for that.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Indeed!

5. Victel profile image60
    Victelposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys.

6. SteveoMc profile image76
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I think that the comments part of the hubs is often part of the fun.  By ignoring comments, you may be cheating yourself.  It is the the give and take you experience regarding your hub.  True, some of the comments are fly-bys or spam, but most are interesting and take a lot of time by the person leaving the comment.   

If you are just getting caught up, you can click on the comments in 'my account' and quickly go down the list approving them.  Once your are caught up, then consider them a form of interaction about your hub.

working