Working it!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

How do the site masters work it?

I'm looking at adding several different things to diversify this next year. I have tried a few of the writing sites and have two that I am currently working. I want to add in a few blog sites with niches and then revamp my own personal website to show what all I am doing.

When I look at it, I know I need to stay organized and on top of things in order to bring in some money and not let anything fall to the wayside. So, how do you all work it? Do you spend a day here at hubpages then the next on a different project or do you do a conglomerate of it all during the day?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am currently making my own personal website and one blog, plus I am starting to write a book, I need time to do all of these things,

I need discipline and dedication to do all these things, thank you guys for all the incites here, Lynne and Nelle

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh man need to add that to the list too Maita. I have one book finished and another about half way there and I really need to start scouting the first out again for publication.

I hope you can published soon Lynne, you are really a hardworker, same with crazd...

1. profile image0

Ty Maita!

2. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey if you find an agent before me or if I find an agent before you, why don't we put in a good word for one another...just tell me your genres too and I'll make sure the agent I look for accepts those ones too

1. profile image0

I will. I write romance. It is a little twisted in that most of it deals on some level with a different look at the paranormal.

1. profile image0

okay I just thought of a ghost and a human getting it on lol sorry bad me I know.
              I'll make sure when I look into my book for literary agents for novels and short stories they like your genre too smile
              Oh and for my genres...you know 'em by now lol

1. profile image0
                Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You need to ready "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Niffenrager author of time traveler's wife. She sorta has that in her plot.

1. profile image0

what? you mean the whole ghost and human thing going on? yikes wow! lol

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Good for you Lynne - I like the way you're planning and getting serious.

First of all I am a morning hubber. I write my hubs and then I create my backlinks. I have a giant desk calendar with big boxes and I write the hubs (and the hub identity that created them - I do have more than one, but they never come to the forums.) And then I add them to my excel spreadsheet.

I then take a shower and go out for a brisk 60 minute walk to clear my head and change gears.

I come back in and I work on my blogs (which also have static pages, so they look more like traditional websites as well). I write a post on most of them. Add this to the calendar and the excel spead sheet. I love to see the blocks fill up with product.

At least 3 days a week, I visit my favorite stores - Wal Mart, Target, jewelry stores to see what's new. At least once a week I hit the library to read magazines. I spend some time watching QVC. I have a notebook for product trends and good sales copy ideas.

My workday is about 10 to 12 hours log - six to seven days a week. I have not yet learned the art of passive income.

Alot of this is spent monitoring merchant emails, updating coupon offers and sales details. Just basic merchandizing. Then I find out that a merchant has thrown me out of a program and the whole work plan goes out the window as I replace a thousand links.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! I am impressed and have a lot to learn from you smile Thank you for sharing how you do it , Holly

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

organuzed..organized...what does that word mean? lol

and yea still haven't touched my website either lmao

YOU GO GIRL!

4. profile image0

Taking notes Nelle, taking lots of notes. First order of business then get me a huge calendar not my itty bitty one. Second get familiar with my spreadsheet program.

CW: you will get there. Organized is like an OCD thing with me. Everything has to be in its place or I can't work.

Hopefully, more will chime in here.

5. profile image0

Only time I'm organized well sort of, is when I'm working at a preschool lol

but you actually finished a book, and you are helpful to others too

6. profile image0

So lynne do you actually have a list written out so you can post it somewhere where you can see it? i have mine on the cofee table big_smile

and true Maita but...doesn't mean I'm oragnized lol just means I actually sat down and finished something

1. profile image0

I actually have printed out research material. No formal list and that is the problem at the moment. I need to get the other sites set up for the niches and all. I have a website as you know it was dedicated originally to my writing but I want to switch that up. I have an external blog attached to that where I have posted other written articles on varying topics. I also have a wordpress blog that is sitting empty right now.

All of this needs to be organized and linked to each other as well as my hubpages articles and life123 articles. I'm determined to master this plan though as I'm not finding work outside my home right now.

1. profile image0

Yea I am looking to work on that website of mine now since I too can't find a job. was actually looking into writing greeting cards for some extra money. I read that they will pay $50-150 sometimes even $500 for one verse for greeting cards big_smile
        I think I could do that...maybe you should look into it too!

7. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

cmon Lynne, will be the first one to buy your book,

8. profile image0

Alexandria, I'm going to hold ya to that, lol

Holly: Nelle is a great one to take notes from. I floundered around until I came across her and started studying what she was doing.

9. profile image0

Sounds like a good read. I will have to check that out.

CW: I might have to look into that card writing thing. Let me know if you do it and how it goes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)