jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Graphs not correlating correctly with statistics?

1. thisisoli profile image74
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Hi,

I have noticed over teh last couple of days the stats shown on the stats graphs do not correspond to the statistics being logged elsewhere in Hubpages and analytics, I can pull out some screenshots if you guys want, just thought i ought to let you know there might be a problem somewhere!

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I don't think there's a problem.  The stats 1) are NOT real time and 2) don't all update simultaneously.  I've found the graphs lag behind the numerical stats a bit.

If you want better stats, you have to use Google's Analytics.  The stats here are meant to just be the most basic.

3. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

if you want better stats join Google analytic its free and then add it into your my account area. You'll get much more detailed stats that way.

4. thisisoli profile image74

The graphs should not lage behind several days though?!

I have Google Analytics, use it on around 50 websites as well as Hubpages, so I am pretty sure that is working ok tongue

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

There are a fixed number of points on the X axis for each graph.  So, depending on the total time range of the graph, each point might represent 1 day, or the daily average over 3 days, 9 days, 44 days, etc.  That may explain what you are seeing.

6. thisisoli profile image74

I have attached the following screenshots to illustrate my point on one of my Hubs,

http://www.clearviewwriting.com/hubstatquery1.jpg
    http://www.clearviewwriting.com/hubstatquery2.jpg
    http://www.clearviewwriting.com/hubstatquery3.jpg

The first image shows the Hubs graph, which seems to be inconsistant with the traffic stats on my Hubstats page & my google analytics stats for that particular hub.

7. thisisoli profile image74

Damn was hoping for some kind of information on this! Am I the only one having this problem?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Paul Deeds (our chief engineer and general manager) has already answered you above.

8. thisisoli profile image74

The question explains the graph, but not the discrepancy in teh information between the graph and the statistics, now a hub which is showing 0 traffic currently, has received over a thousand page views.

9. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Patience, these things take some time.

It turns out there were some corrupt rows in the stats database for the referrer data (but not the total pageviews) for parts of 12/07 and 12/08.  These may have affected certain graphs. They should be corrected now.  Thanks for the heads up Thisisoli.

10. thisisoli profile image74

No problem, thanks for the info!

working