jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

If you decided to move away from the community, do you pack up your hubs and tak

1. OMGirdle profile image80
    OMGirdleposted 4 years ago

If you decided to move away from the community, do you pack up your hubs and take them with you?

I've run into several hubbers with no profile, 0 hubs, 0 followers and 0 following. Although they are listed as being a member for a number of years, I often wonder do people move on and decide to take their hubs with them instead of leaving them posted. When writing a hub, the capsules are much easier to manage, in terms of literary flow. However, is it best to copy/paste into another format for personal archiving (such as a Word file for example)?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I always write first in Word and then cut and paste to Hub capsules when I am ready to publish.

If I was leaving HP, yes I would take my work with me. I have worked hard on my hubs and they do not get traffic here because I don't worry about key words or all that other stuff my brain can't wrap around. I just want to write and enjoy having people read it. So no, I wouldn't leave it behind.

OMGirdleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response. I too struggle with the keyword culture.  Maybe I'll try writing in Word first to see how it works.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Most of the hubbers you see with no hubs probably signed on, and didn't write a single article.  Many people think they have to get a profile to write comments on hubs, for example, and others open accounts thinking they will write and then get sidetracked to doing something else or deciding not to write.  There are some that decided to take their hubs and move them elsewhere.  It is a good idea to save your hubs for yourself, but since Google looks at the age of your hubs, generally I think the best idea is to write only hubs that you plan on keeping here.

OMGirdleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your insight. I never thought of people opening a membership with the only intention for commenting. Makes sense!

working