jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Split the articles into small articles?

1. mayank147 profile image78
    mayank147posted 4 years ago

Split the articles into small articles?

I have a very big article approx 2000 words but I dont know what I have to do. Is it ok to split the articles in to two hubpage article or I submit the while article in to a single hubpage article. A big article get better exposer of a small article.

2. Abby Campbell profile image93
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

It's completely up to you. If I have 2,000 words, I would most likely split it into two or three articles. Can you split them on smaller subject matters?

mayank147posted 4 years agoin reply to this

so can you please tell me how to split i mean if i split it in another article then what is the title of the next article and how i place link because i am new on hubpage so...

2. Abby Campbell profile image93
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Do you already have all 2,000 words in 1 hub? If so, I would leave it. It will be fine. If you split it, develop the title based on the subject for each or you can name them the same with "part 1" and "part 2" added to the titles.

3. EricDockett profile image99
    EricDockettposted 4 years ago

Two-thousand words really isn't a big article.  In fact, there is some research out there that suggests it is about the right number of words to give you a better chance of ranking highly in the SERPs. 

I wouldn't split it, unless you think you're discussing two different topics in the same Hub.

so in your point of view i have to put whole article and by the way what is the meaning of SERPs.

2. EricDockett profile image99
      EricDockettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

SERPs=Search Engine Results Pages.

My opinion is Hubs in the 1500 to 2000-word range do better.  Other people might disagree, but that seems to work best for me.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

it would be better to spilt into 2-3 different articles so that you can link to each other

But as i am new to hubpage so i dont know how to link i mean suppose my first split article title is green tea now when i split then what should be the next title.

5. mayank147 profile image78
    mayank147posted 4 years ago

EricDockett thanks for such a great information.

1. EricDockett profile image99

You're very welcome.  Good luck!

2. mayank147 profile image78

Can you please suggest me some trick on how to promote our articles to get better exposer.

3. EricDockett profile image99

There are no tricks. :-)

Start with the Learning Center here and it will answer a lot of your questions.  Click "help" at the top of the page then the Learning Center link in the body of the text.

working