jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it that when I move my articles to Google's Blogger that I end up with a

1. formosangirl profile image83
    formosangirlposted 4 years ago

Why is it that when I move my articles to Google's Blogger that I end up with a view?

I am moving my inactive articles to Least Costly Road at Google's Blogger because it makes no sense parked here inactively. Why does moving the article over give me a view per article although they are unpublished?

2. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 4 years ago

I had asked a similar question when I started with HubPages. Someone answered that when the hub is unpublished, when we view our own hubs, they are counted as a view.

3. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 4 years ago

Did you unpublish or delete the hubs? How long ago? In either case, the hub may still be cached on the web for a while so that it's visible. I try to wait to republish after deleting a hub until it no longer shows up in search results, which may take a couple of weeks.

4. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 4 years ago

The stats found here are fairly primitive.  The 'views' add up regardless of whether it is published, in edit mode, etc.  It would be nice if they had an IP blocker on their stats, that didn't count the author's visits.

5. Ceres Schwarz profile image22
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

In HubPages, your views to your own hub are counted (whether published, unpublished, featured or not featured) so you'll also be seeing them in your statistics. As of now, as far as I know, there's no way to change this.

In Google Blogger, your views to your own blog or blog post are also counted (whether published or just in draft mode) however there is a way to change this, which you'll find in your Blogger account. Once you make the changes to your settings, your own views to your blog or blog posts should no longer be counted. Hope this helped.