jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why do some people start Following indiscriminately and then Unfollow without an

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

Why do some people start Following indiscriminately and then Unfollow without any reason?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

The moment we write something, we want readers. We love to have "great writing!" comments.  'Friends' could  be our potential readers. How to catch friends? "I scratch your back and you scratch mine" is the established culture for getting familiar with others and getting friends in such websites. So we go and follow indiscriminately many with the hope that they may start following us and hopefully read some of our writings and put "Excellent" as a comment!

But they too are like us. Aren't most of us are mostly least interested in reading others, but  want others to read ours and sing praises! Mostly it doesn't happen. Ditto for them. So they get disillusioned and start un-following you!

ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks C.V.Rajan, for answering!
      Yes the response must be reciprocal, I agree.
      I always make it a point to read other' s hub and leave comments too, whether I am following them or not and whether they are my followers or not.
      Thanks for responding.

3. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 4 years ago

It could be they believe the person will follow them and they unfollow when that doesn't happen or they may unfollow if they disagree with the other person's views, hubs, etc. Another reason could be a bit of a spring cleaning, coming to the realization that they can't follow hundreds or thousands of people and give them all equal attention and possibly realizing that some of those who followed them may be in the same boat.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Express10, for answering!
      I agree people should Follow as many hubbers, as they can manage. The interests, views should match. Reading other' s work and leaving comments is equally important. It is disappointing if hubbers don't reciprocrate.

working