jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Does the level of your commenting change according to your activity on hub pages

1. carter06 profile image82
    carter06posted 4 years ago

Does the level of your commenting change according to your activity on hub pages?

2. profile image0
    Michelle Widmannposted 4 years ago

Definitely! The more you comment and the better the quality of those answers, the higher your level will grow to become. But don't expect a high level overnight - you have to comment quite a lot to go up one level. Also, it's best to leave longer answers that are more detailed than one-word opinions on someone's hub. HubPages is a world where people can have intelligent discussion and give one another good writing advice, so take advantage of that! People want long answers!

3. carter06 profile image82
    carter06posted 4 years ago

Thanks for that Michelle..I was wondering if this were the case when my level took a recent dive down..having gone back to my day job this year and preferring to spend my time writing books, I'm not here as often as I used to be and thought that was the case..cheers

4. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 4 years ago

Totally, I used to be a level VI commenter, now I'm level III because I am not very active, but it's OK with me. smile

carter06posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Robbie yep I get it now! it is what it is and I'm ok with that too:) Cheers

5. abrodech profile image98
    abrodechposted 4 years ago

Yes it does. If you comment more often, then your level # increases. The higher level you are, the more activity you have. Everyone starts out at as a level 1 commentator.  I believe the whole commentator rating system has been exclusively created to keep people engaged and active on hubpages.com because it's something you have to work at. For some people it's important, but for me it's not. Personally I think it's more important to be worried about how many of your hubs are featured and how much they are being read. I think it's all up to the individual personally, on what their priorities are as a member of this site

carter06posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much abrodech..yeah thought as much, thanks for your comment it sure is up to each writer & how we prioritize our time.. Cheers

2. abrodech profile image98
      abrodechposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad I could help!

working