How often does HubPages recheck copyright violations?

1. Lwelch profile image91
    Lwelchposted 4 years ago

How often does HubPages recheck copyright violations?

I filed a DMCA request and one of the violators has been pulled down.  I am STILL (ugh, it has been months) waiting on Google to pull down the Blog page with the other violation - they told me it would happen but I have yet to see it.

I don't see that HubPages has recrawled or checked on these 2 articles and the DMCA status.  How often do they re-check?

2. Judi Bee profile image97
    Judi Beeposted 4 years ago

My understanding is that HP don't ever check the vast majority of hubs for copyright violations; only a few, highly traffic accounts are checked.  The whole site has been scraped several times since I've been here and I've had numerous of my hubs copied, but not once has HP picked up on this.  I have found the copies myself or via forum threads.

I think it would be better if they did away with the icon in the stats page that suggests that they will flag copied hubs as it creates a false sense of security - hubbers assume that nothing is being copied when, as we know, within the last couple of months the site (or at least vast parts of it) HAS been copied - and yet, no warning on my stats.

1. Lwelch profile image91
      Lwelchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is very interesting!  I wonder which of my other sites have been scraped.  Any tips on finding them?  I guess time will tell when they re-scan my account and post the DMCA updates.

working