jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

So if you unpublish low scoring hubs un featured for quality does that effect yo

1. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

So if you unpublish low scoring hubs un featured for quality does that effect your scores over all?

I went through and unpublished those pesky not featured hubs the ones for lack of quality and set them aside to work on from time to time and republish. I got rid of every one below my over all score. But no effect on the over all score --- so do unpublished count in the over all score?

2. profile image0
    writingsoloposted 4 years ago

What do you mean when you say overall score? Your hubber score?
    They are totally different. If you want to improve your hubber score, participate in the forums, hop some hubs, etc.

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Both the hubber score and the average hubs score at the top of the account  listing average scores

2. Froggy213 profile image51
      Froggy213posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow, coming from a person with a score of 74,, yea lets listen to him.

3. profile image0
      writingsoloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is not my main account; just registered 3 days ago. I should have mentioned that.

4. Ericdierker profile image57

Buddy I participate and create so many forums and questions I am surprised they don't ask me to limit my inpute

3. P Priyadarshana profile image82
    P Priyadarshanaposted 4 years ago

I too realized that when our individual hub scores drops down, simultaneously, our hubber score tend to drop down too. But I didn't try to unpublish any of my hubs since even with low hub scores, they are all featured. So at the moment, I have no experience in telling if  unpublished hubs would help with this matter at all. Hope some experienced user will provide with a proper answer here....

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Eric, I do not think anyone has any idea how the "hubber score" works. Not even HP. As far as the "hub score" goes, I have deleted over 170 hubs for non-featured content. This has not affected the score at all. The only thing that I have seen change since the "big changes" are most's hubber scores have gone down.

That is in line with what I have seen so far. thank you

5. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Well, all of mine are featured, but I, myself, had chosen to unpublish a hub, and noticed that the score on the unpublished hub continued to climb higher and higher!  I do not know if others were clicking on the link and that is why the individual hub score went up, but it sure did.  It was one I did to enter a contest, and then I decided I was not happy with it, but it looks like I should have kept it published.  I really do not understand all of this either, but I was told that if a hub is still featured to not delete it, even with the lower score, but ...  you are talking about just unpublishing and it seems that it does still play into the score.  Could be wrong though, but this has been my experience when I unpublished one hub.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Hi Eric, I have only about 5 or 6 hubs left here that I haven't moved. I have noticed no difference in my score. What seems to affect my score is not participating here with questions, hub hopping etc.

7. ClarkSteveB profile image81
    ClarkSteveBposted 4 years ago

I would leave them published, because you never know when the longtail affect will suddenly make them relevant, which could boost your score. And like writingsolo said, do the other hundred things that make your score higher.

I was very serious in trying to get some responses that reflect what HP wants. But they do not seem to care because no one seems to know. So I will just do what I want. I am not here for money or scores, but I want HP to do well because I like it.

working