jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

How many of you have got Google authorship approved ?

1. alikhan3 profile image96
    alikhan3posted 4 years ago

How many of you have got Google authorship approved ?

2. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

I did. I like it, gives me some security to know my stuff is marked on Google as my own property. Not sure if you were wondering how to do it, but I was going to suggest you go to Glenn Stock's Hubs, he's got a good tutorial on it. However, Google itself has a pretty decent tutorial on how to do it. I think it's a good idea; it immediately marks your writings as yours on the Web. I did it for Hubpages and my websites.

3. Bishop55 profile image94
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

what is google authorship?  I'll google that. lol  I have never heard that before.

1. Bishop55 profile image94
      Bishop55posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Is google plus open or private?  if it is private, I don't see the benefit to listing your work on there.  are you worried about plagiarism?  bah...I'll read more about it.

2. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Glenn Stok has a good tutorial on his Hubpages about it and how to set it up. Probably the easiest way to find out about it and how to set it up is checking out his Hubs. Hope this helps.

3. bravewarrior profile image92
      bravewarriorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You can set each post to be public or private.  If you want to be found in the search engines, you need to mark your posts as 'public'.  Otherwise, only those in your circles will see them.

4. Jlbowden profile image93
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

As Nate mentions below Glenn Stok, is well versed in this area, about the google authorship.  Glenn has some great articles on this topic as well as other very helpful topics . He is also a personal friend of mine, and had organized our first hubpages writers group here on Long Island.

About a year ago, during a writers meet, Glenn also encouraged me, to also set up my own google authorship.  It is well worth it, as many here on hubpages have already discovered.

5. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 4 years ago

I do. I needed Glenn Stok's help to get there. Thanks Glenn!

6. alikhan3 profile image96
    alikhan3posted 4 years ago

I want to know what it takes to get it approved bcos Google is not approving mine

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You have to place the site in the right place on your G+ profile, under contributor to section of About Me, I think; read Glenn Stok to clarify. And you have to have your G+ on your HP Profile; if for your website, have to use the right code/url.

7. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 4 years ago

I just did it today.  I also added my personal website to Google authorship.

8. drpennypincher profile image94
    drpennypincherposted 4 years ago

Yes, I got Google authorship working with my HubPages account.  The end result is that you get your Google+ profile picture displayed in the Google search results.  I like this- I think it makes my pages stand out more in the Google search engine results page.  It takes some time for your picture to start appearing, and it must be a clear head photo to be approved for display in the search results.

9. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

I feel privileged to be an approved, featured Google+ Author. I could learn the feat through tutorials at HubPages and now I have made a thumb rule that I never forget to add the feature to my any of blogs or websites. After all this is the best tool to own your own articles published anywhere on the web, so that the audience have full faith in you that you are a Real Profile duly verified by Google+.

working