jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

Why is it every time I make a comment on a question it says'This question is wai

1. Ranzi profile image82
    Ranziposted 4 years ago

Why is it every time I make a comment on a question it says'This question is waiting moderation'

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

That's basically because the comment we make has to go through a short process through both the author, who has to approve it. And Hubpages staff who have to also approve, based on that there Is no bad language or other things along these lines.  I see this all the time when I comment as well.  Normal part of the process here.

1. Ranzi profile image82
      Ranziposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is only comments on questions though, not on the hubs

2. The Examiner-1 profile image73
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

The computer does not know this. The people have to read it before it can be accepted.

3. d.christopher profile image60
    d.christopherposted 4 years ago

This is to ensure that the owner of the article that the comment is in response to gets a chance to see and approve or disapprove the comment.

1. Ranzi profile image82

Thanks. It is not on the article though, only on the questions and answers forums and only in the comment section

2. Just Ask Susan profile image91
      Just Ask Susanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Just going to try it out here. See what happens.

4. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago

That seems strange. I've never had that happen when commenting on a question before.

1. Ranzi profile image82

I know it is strange - it only started to happen recently

2. Just Ask Susan profile image91
      Just Ask Susanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Just out of curiosity what browser do you use?

5. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

That happened to me the other day.  I wrote a question here and then a few people answered.  But then I received a notification that I had one comment waiting for moderation.  I had to choose not spam for the answer to show up under my question.  It was weird because it was a nice comment.

1. Ranzi profile image82

I know, that's what happening to me. They are not even spam or abusive

6. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

This has happened for a while here. It usually happens more when the topic generates lots of comments to the answers. The reasoning no one really knows because often it happens to someone who has only made one comment. Don't worry about it though because as long as it really isn't abusive or spam it will be approved.

1. Ranzi profile image82

Thanks for your answer

7. souvikm16 profile image73
    souvikm16posted 4 years ago

Primarily a settings designed by Hubpages for the person who put up the question to check if any replied comment is a spam or contain derogatory, inflammatory, or irrelevant comments.
    Hence by this setting, if you post a question and someone replies to it, then you can control whether that comment should be displayed or not! Hope this helps!

1. Ranzi profile image82

Ok I see. Thanks smile

8. cfin profile image82
    cfinposted 4 years ago

Short explanation = It's a control on the writers end. They have to approve your answer in case its offensive or spam.

1. Winston Smith 84 profile image59
      Winston Smith 84posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Or in case they don't like it?

working