Does un-publishing a hub loose its search engine position?

1. Organised Kaos profile image93
    Organised Kaosposted 4 years ago

Does un-publishing a hub loose its search engine position?

If I were to un-publish a hub with the intent of re-writing, will it resume it's position in the search engines etc when re-published it again under the same title? Or should I just edit it instead?

2. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Google has spiders who crawl the internet to rebuild their search index on a regular basis. As soon as they go to crawl your hub and find it not there, it will be removed from their index. This keeps the searches current and ensures that you don't get a bunch of dead links in your searches. If you unpublish and republish before their spiders notice, then you would not lose your page rank, but that would be fraught with danger as no-one outside of Google knows when their spiders will crawl your page.

3. monic-alang profile image82
    monic-alangposted 4 years ago

Robbie is right but it depends on time if you are going to update your hub's content and you'll re-publish your hub within one or two days then that's OK no need to worry about anything but if it'll take a long time like four or five days then Google may remove your hub from search results but if your hub is really ranking well then I advise you to update your content within one or two hours and you no need to reedit your title as it'll rank well in same one.

working