jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How has writing benefited you ?

1. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

How has writing benefited you ?

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image34
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

A lot really. More friends, followers, fans and above all some name and fame and some quick bucks too. Good visibility on cyber world itself is a good recognition.  I even published a poem in this regard in HubPages. I am happy and satisfied.  Moreover, it boost my confidence level too.

loveofnightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i agree with you, for me it is as if i have a second family with perks.

3. profile image93
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Good question!

For me:

- My writing standard has improved 1,000%
    - I have gained confidence knowing that people actually read and enjoy my work
    - It has given me goals to work towards (and achieve) outside of my normal life
    - I have learnt so much, about myself and also about the things I research and read
    - I gave another place to belong

i too have gained more confidence, there was i time when i thought that i was a pretty good writer and now i know i am.

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

It has proven to be invaluable, allowing me to share my writing with colleagues, clients, and friends to enhance my brand and private practice. I has also made a dream of becoming a writer come true, thanks to HubPages.

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Great question. Writing for me vs. publishing what I write are very different. I write almost daily by journaling. I have several journals as well. Some journal entries could be considered an article, although more loosely written at times. Some may be a short story seeking the inner self as well as poems discovering feelings in flux, conflict, or celebration.

At work I kept a journal on the desk PC and wrote short paragraphs all the time password protected of course. That was a problem solving technique and also used for venting. Sometimes too much is flowing through the mind and concentration diminishes resulting with a blurred focus. Writing it out and expressing both feelings and emotions for the moment allows the hazy fog to lift as a clearer path is discovered.

I giggle because it could be a one liner like "I do not want to do such and such . . ." over and over until ending it with "why?" Then, expanding on why both good reason not to do such and such may arise as well as an alternative solution. The real what, where, when, why, who, how and how much for such and such is brought forth offering opportunity(s) and too good cause for doing such and such. The whole writing process may only take five minutes, yet offer a much more peaceful day of resolve.

Then, there is writing for publishing . . .

i enjoy writing about my daily issues because it is like a release valve. sometimes when i want to argue about a thing, i will write it down and go over it later and you would be surprised of the many arguments that i have avoided because of it.