jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why my hub got unpublished for overly promotion?

1. ktnptl profile image85
    ktnptlposted 4 years ago

Why my hub got unpublished for overly promotion?

Two of my hubs recently got unpublished because of overly promotion. I checked my hubs and surprisingly I do not have any links in my hubs. Moreover, I do not even have amazon or eBay capsules in my hubs. So how can my hubs be overly promotion and what are the reasons it gets unpublished?
    Please help.

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Without seeing the hub, I can't give an precise answer. One of the things that tends to initiate the "overly promotional" warning are the sources for graphics. This is especially true if you have the source linked to the site. For example: I had three photos each with a link to Wikimedia under each photo. I got the "overly promotional" warning. I left the active link under the first photo and deleted the link (but left the source name) under the others and the warning went away. Do you have the same source quoted for each graphic and linked to the same source? If so, try deleting the links under all except one.

3. ktnptl profile image85
    ktnptlposted 4 years ago

I did not even have sited sources for the pictures.

4. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 4 years ago

When you create a new hub, on the top right hand side of the page, you will see a message. This message could comment if you used capitals in a heading or had more than 2 amazon capsules. It will also say if you are under the word count. This happened more so in older hubs.

Anyway to get to the point, certain titles (my own experience) are overly promotional. So a message comes up saying this. If you ignore and still publish it, they will pull it off hubpages.