jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do to keep your good Hubs active, especially the older ones?

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 4 years ago

What do you do to keep your good Hubs active, especially the older ones?

Hub activity seems as transient as some people's good intentions.  We find it difficult, if not practically speaking impossible to keep up with new Hubs, much less find the good older Hubs.  What can be done about it?
    Speaking as one who joined HubPages several years ago, I want to keep my better Hubs alive rather than have to depend on HubPages to do it for me.

2. Genna East profile image89
    Genna Eastposted 4 years ago

Good question.  Sometimes, I will place an older hub in the “Spotlight Box,” or, on rare occasions, re-write and republish them.  I wish there was a way in which we could place certain hubs in the order in which we want to see them listed (viewed).  Beyond that, I’m not sure how the Hub helps us in this regard.

3. gypsumgirl profile image87
    gypsumgirlposted 4 years ago

To keep the older hubs alive, I will occasionally go back and re-read the entire thing and decide whether or not to:
    1.  Add updated information.
    2.  Reword and clarify concepts.
    3.  Find more interesting or current pictures and videos.
    4.  Retweet them or re-like them on Facebook to bring them back into the spotlight.

I have found that some of the hubs just cannot be saved.  With those, I will generally delete them and either start over with the same topics or simply let them go.

4. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 4 years ago

I'm afraid I have failed miserably in this regard because I haven't been active on this site in a long time. Hopefully, I will be taking a more active role here once again.

5. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

I have found that over time, particularly as last year I was very new to HubPages, the quality of my hubs has increased substantially overtime.

At the beginning of 2013, I decided to re-write all of my older hubs starting at with the oldest.

- I did keyword and SEO work and redid the titles
    - New photos were added
    - The text was rechecked, updated and freshened up
    - I added maps, tables, polls and other new capsules

As a result of all my work (I refreshed 15 of my oldest hubs):

- I noticed an increase in traffic in 13 out of the 15 hubs
    - As a result of the research and work I did on the old hubs I created two new hubs from them

I would thoroughly recommend refreshing your hubs on a regular basis, based on my own experience.