jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Are there still active hubbers who've been on HubPages as long as me (8 years)?

1. Susan Ng profile image93
    Susan Ngposted 2 years ago

Are there still active hubbers who've been on HubPages as long as me (8 years)? Just curious.

I'm wondering if any of the people I chatted with in the forums years ago are still here. I haven't been around in a long while.

2. Discordzrocks profile image80
    Discordzrocksposted 2 years ago

Just started hubs 3 months ago.
    But I do know a good amount of those types.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I'm going on 5 years... I believe I joined in April 2011

Susan Ngposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh, hello. I don't believe we have encountered each other on Hubpages before. Nice to meet you.

2. Discordzrocks profile image80
      Discordzrocksposted 2 years agoin reply to this

WAIT I REMEMBER YOU!!! YOU CORRECTED ME ON MY DATES, WELL DIEEEEE.
      sincerely, zoidberg

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Ummm....what???

4. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Yes there are while some are active now and then socially. For instance Relache is active having been here 9 years. Patty Inglish is active too being here for 8 years. There are others too, but most comment as an activity than being active in Q&A and forums. If you go to http://hubpages.com/authors/best/ you will see Hubbers listed from 100 down. You can click about and turn pages looking for familiar faces.

Relache and Patty Inglish are familiar names. I might just do what you suggest if my curiosity gets the better of me. Hehe. Thanks.

5. William F. Torpey profile image75
    William F. Torpeyposted 2 years ago

I've been around for 8 years, Susan Ng Yu, but aside from posting my hubs occasionally on Facebook and perhaps making some changes urged by Hubpages I have not been writing any news hubs. I've routinely put two ads on my hubs (with only a few exceptions) while Hubpages puts many of their ads on my hubs. In 8 years I have thus far earned $200 (less, I think, than minimum wage (if it were a real job.) But I am not interested in making money -- I simply want my opinions (hubs) to be seen by anyone who might be interested in reading my hubs. I rarely use the forums.

You're one of the familiar names. Hi! You've only earned $200 in 8 years? I wonder why. Hubpages has been fairly lucrative for me in the past even though I only have a few hubs. Now of course earnings have dwindled since I haven't been around awhile.

2. William F. Torpey profile image75
      William F. Torpeyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't write to make money, Susan. Most of my hubs are my old newspaper columns that I wrote on issues of the time (up to the year 2000.) To make real money I think you need to write on subjects that easily tie into ads promoting popular products.

3. Susan Ng profile image93

Oh, I see. :-)

6. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

I must becoming up for seven years; been showing six for a long time now.   Used to place a lot of Hubs but nowadays just the occasional one here and there.   I've placed well over 300 during this time.  But generally, of late, I just tune in an answer a question or two in the Answers Column.

Hi! Your name sounds a little familiar. I may have seen some of your hubs or comments in the past when I was still active on Hubpages.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I'm at 7+--- and your name sounds familiar to me.

8. ginjill ashberry profile image77
    ginjill ashberryposted 2 years ago

I joined January 2009. Not as long as you are, Susan.. Hoped you have much blessings within that time.

working