jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why are people asking questions with the same keyword in each one?

1. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

Why are people asking questions with the same keyword in each one?

Just on the page I am viewing, the latest questions, I see maybe twenty questions with the same keyword.  They are all from only three or four users (or maybe just one with different user names) and all asked within a few minutes of each other.  Is this some sort of trick or abuse of the Hubpages question section?  I see this all the time.  What do they hope to gain from this tactic?

2. Mary McShane profile image80
    Mary McShaneposted 3 years ago

I believe this is similar to the question I posted about what I have been seeing in forum spam posts. If you check the hubber profile, does it say they just joined Hubpages anywhere from 5 minutes to 24 hours before posting?

This is my pet peeve for this month, the constant barrage of spam being posted in forums, using keywords to grab attention and questions in title section that they know will make people click to read it.  I'm too old for the "made you look" kid crap, so if this keeps up, I may curtail my time here in the forums.

mgeorge1050posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I clicked on the user name and there was a link to report abuse.  I tagged the three latest users as spam, so maybe that will help.  Sorry I didn't see your question until I had already posted mine, but I hope Hubpages will take action.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 3 years ago

I believe that people do this in order to direct more traffic toward their accounts. I've yet to come up with a better reason, but many of them don't have hubs on their accounts, so it's hard to know. When I ask questions, I ask them in the hopes of some clicks (which generate revenue) and to get some traffic back to my hubs.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I have no idea why some people do that. When I'm looking through the questions, I tend to ignore the ones which are posted, one after another, by the same person. If answer any at all, I choose one.

mgeorge1050posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I did find a little 'report' button in the top right of the full question page.  I reported the string of questions yesterday and today and they were gone in no time.  Good work hubpages admin!  Maybe we should all step up and report this spam.

working