jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Hubpages improving from the Google Panda situation from a year ago?

1. JayFS profile image67
    JayFSposted 3 years ago

Is Hubpages improving from the Google Panda situation from a year ago?

I'm just curious as to what Hubpages' situation is. I know they were one of the sites hit the hardest by the Google Panda update, but since I haven't been actively writing on Hubpages till recently, I don't have any personal data to compare.

So is Hubpages improving now in traffic? The traffic that I have right now seems all right, and I'm ranking pretty well in search engines from the hubs I do have, but I'm curious about everyone else.

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Yes, much improved I believe.  My traffic is much better now consistently than it was.  I think the tightening up of quality control and weeding out spammers and requiring the "boot camp" for newbies has really improved the quality of content here - and I think Google has taken notice.  Many of the other content sites that were slapped down have not had the recovery that HP has.

3. dailytop10 profile image93
    dailytop10posted 3 years ago

It has been consistent and a few traffic surges every now and then. Whether it has recovered or not, is a definite yes. My page views are almost 4x compared a few days after the Panda update.

4. Jayne Lancer profile image96
    Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago

I took most of my hubs down when I realized HubPages wasn't working anymore. That was about two and a half years ago. Last January, I decided to republish them, and some are doing better than they were pre-Panda. So, I guess things are looking up at last!

working