jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What impact to accolades have on your hubs or account?

1. chriscamaro profile image97
    chriscamaroposted 3 years ago

What impact to accolades have on your hubs or account?

Aside from making you look good to visitors of your profile and mentally rewarding the author, do accolades have any direct correlation on metrics like your score or the traffic you get or anything like that?  Can you search authors who have certain accolades or otherwise be more aware of them simply because they have those accolades?  I think they ought to have a measureable benefit for the author.

2. Bubblegum Jones profile image58
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

To me they simply spice up your profile page a little bit more.

3. Hackslap profile image87
    Hackslapposted 3 years ago

I believe there's some impact on your hubber-score and traffic ..

4. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

I currently have the following:

Published 105 Hubs
    2-years as a member
    At least 100 hubs simultaneously featured
    Hubs have been read over 100,000 times
    Questions have inspired at least the creation of 500 answers
    Answered at least 300 questions
    Popular among readers
    Writes engaging hubs

However, my score hasn't risen to over 94. On the average, it goes between 91-94 with most of the time being around 93.  There's only one hub that get consistent traffic in the realm of 80-100 views per day.  The rest get little or 1 view a day.  My top 5 hubs are variable in views depending on the day.

So, I'm not sure what accolades really mean in regards to my hubs getting more (or less?) traffic, etc.

5. chriscamaro profile image97
    chriscamaroposted 3 years ago

Hmm, you're quite a  bit ahead of me in hubs and accolades but around the same in membership time so I guess your case is a good example of the impact if any.  Doesn't sound like it though.  Maybe self-promotion is required as a catalyst?

6. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Hubscore and accolades are more of a reflection on your writing skill and traffic than they are an influence to it. Think of them as badges, not billboards.

working