jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why do very few people vote on the poll potion of my hubs? Is this common with e

1. THarman7 profile image60
    THarman7posted 4 years ago

Why do very few people vote on the poll potion of my hubs? Is this common with everyones hubs?

2. Bills Place profile image87
    Bills Placeposted 4 years ago

I think it depends on the poll, but my polls have not been very active. I think the poll with the most votes is on my "Boxers or Briefs" hub with 60-65 votes out of 900 views...

THarman7posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I was wondering why we even use them if no one is responding!

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

I tend to have the same occurring. Bills Place shares distinction of notice and awareness with proportions of viewers contrasting participants of the polls. A ratio is shared. The highest number of participants with polls I have seen is a hub by hubber Relache polling reaching into the hundreds on improving earnings at HP.

My thought is many create that ratio because a thought is they do not understand or accept it is a blind poll or anonymous. Simply there is lack of trust of the system for who knows why. So, I would look for a common ratio with hubs as suggested and compare against each hub rather than a hub singled out.

Thank you! I will try that.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Some of my polls have few responses while others get answered by 75% or more of the people who read the hub. I don't know why it happens. I think it all depends on the reader, the question being asked, and the answers provided. There are times I don't answer polls because they either don't apply to me or none of the answers fit my opinion. If it's the latter reason, I usually leave a comment letting the person know why I didn't vote and what my response is to the question.

Thank you for your comment! I believe that people don't always answer the poll because they feel we some how have a way to connect to there email to send spam. This is pretty common with many sites you click on a link and here comes the spam.

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

My main reason for not voting on most polls is that I came for the reading - not the "silly stuff".    Something like the "boxers or briefs" thing mentioned by Bills Place is, I think, along the lines of "classic debates", like "Coke or Pepsi".  It's just kind of funny or cute - and effortless - or whatever.

Other than that, polls for the sake of polls don't tell much if they don't involve a huge, huge, sampling of people (or at least enough people, or percentage of a group of a people, who share one, specific, common interest); so why bother...

Thank you for your comment Lisa! Thats a big problem with polls. Some times I wonder if people even read the hub or just scan through it and move on. This could be another reason they don't respond to the poll!

working