For those of you with a good amount of referrals, what was your most successful

1. chriscamaro profile image95
    chriscamaroposted 4 years ago

For those of you with a good amount of referrals, what was your most successful method?

I've got thousands coming through my referral link but none of them make a HP account or write hubs.  The traffic through these links is all genuine so I don't get it, unless the conversion rate is just that bad...

2. profile image0
    delleaposted 4 years ago

You're probably not attracting people in the right way. If you tell people that they are going to make tons of cash writing on HubPages, then your motives are twisted and their expectations will never be met. Only a small percentage of people on the web can be actually classified as "writers", so in order to attract people that may have an actual interest you should probably say something like "if you enjoy writing, you might be able to earn a little extra money through HubPages" which would be a much more accurate and realistic approach.

3. chriscamaro profile image95
    chriscamaroposted 4 years ago

Understood, but I was going more towards the methodology of getting the link to the right audience.  I'm just taking a guess here but would there be forums out there for prospective writers who don't already know about hubpages?  Or do I not even need to go there?  Maybe other people use the "brute force" method and just get way more traffic through their referral link.  I'm trying to understand how people have been successful in the past without getting into the details of their hub content, which is a variable I can control fairly well.

working