jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who promotes my hub page articles?

1. sangamkr profile image55
    sangamkrposted 3 years ago

Who promotes my hub page articles?

Am I allowed to promote my hub page articles. If not why? If so how?I did not find proper answer for this question any where on Google search or on hub pages itself. Why hub pages does not allow self promotion. Then how do I get traffic to my articles. All featured hubs are great content, There are hundreds of them. I am really confused with the methodology hub pages adopt to promote articles. Is it a secret that hub pages does not want to reveal. How long a hub articles takes to get populated and starts earning revenue. I will be happy to get at least partial answers to these questions

2. mgeorge1050 profile image79
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

I promote my hubs all over the place.  I have never had an issue with Hubpages arise from promoting my articles. I would assume Hubpages loves the fact that I am driving more traffic to their site.  A good place to start would be trying to find places to place a link to one or more of your articles.  Not many forums on the web will allow you to just post a link without a legitimate reason.  There are lots of options out there, some good places to start could be Digg, Tumblr, and Blogspot.  If you Google something like 'where to place links to my website' you should get some good leads.  I would probably focus on free advertising first, using paid marketing requires some research.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

HP's rule against self-promotion has to do with what you write or place within your hubs, not promoting your hub at other sites. You can place links to your hubs at Facebook, other social networks, and even other websites. What they mean by self-promotion is filling all of you hubs with information about yourself and any product or service you're selling. In other words, hubs shouldn't be giant advertisements for you, your product, or even someone else's products - although for the last listed, you can do book or product reviews.

4. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

You do! You can share them over social media, with your friends. Your traffic is up to how much you promote your work.