jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Question for UK peeps! Do you use Amazon UK or US for your Amazon Associates acc

1. CarolynEmerick profile image94
    CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago

Question for UK peeps! Do you use Amazon UK or US for your Amazon Associates account?

I'm in the US asking for a friend who is in the UK who just signed up. The help pages on Amazon say you need a different account for each country you want to sell in, but not sure how this works with hubpages. I'm thinking if most traffic  is coming from the US, maybe a UK person would earn more using an account through the US  Amazon rather than the UK one. Can some UK peeps share which they use and how it's working?

The reason I assume more traffic comes from the US is based on stats from my website and large Euro-themed FB pages. HP does not report this data that I know of

2. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

I have an author page on both and have used both to buy cd's or dvd's. It's handy for some music/films not available here
    The exchange rate varies, but on average the US$ is about 5/8 of the £

1. CarolynEmerick profile image94
      CarolynEmerickposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm talking about the Amazon Affiliates program that you link to hubpages to earn commission on Amazon sales through your hubs...

3. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Hubpages only supports the US Amazon affiliate program. Both using an external account or if you use their in house (higher commission) structure.

To use the UK one, you'd need to have your own website.

working