jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How Do You Show Support Towards The HubPage Community?

1. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

How Do You Show Support Towards The HubPage Community?

I guess this question is a reflection of JFK's famous quote "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." I believe that knowing how to better serve your community will build a stronger establishment. It's easy to voice our dislikes, but how do you show your support as writer? Is there anything  positive that makes you happy to serve your HubPage community?
    Photo by publicdomainpicture.net

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9114408_f260.jpg

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

1. I read newbie hubs to show support and warm welcome.
    2. I congratulate hubbers when milestones are met.
    3. I Hub Hop to help rate new hubs.
    4. I help new hubbers in the forums by sharing what I've learned.

3. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

These are all helpful measures. I really like #1 Read Newbie Hubs. It's a tough crowd. I think the support such as the Rising Star Program is great for newbies. Also it is nice when the community greets a new writer. Sometimes it can feel like the first day of school, awkward. Thanks for your feedback Jan!

1. janshares profile image96
      jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. :-)

4. word55 profile image73
    word55posted 3 years ago

I let other writers (new and old) know of typos, misspellings, omitted words and etc. I may contact them by fan mail.

1. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the wonderful world of typos can be a problem. At least you contact by fan mail. smile

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

The main thing I do is read hubs and leave comments. I also try to spend time looking through the answer section and the forums so I can help people out however and whenever I can.

1. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sheilameyrs! I do see that many writers reach out to the community to in search of advice it's nice to know that someone is sincerely reaching out to the community.

working