"I'm not going to rant...I'm not going to rant...I'm not going to rant!"
I keep telling myself the above. So...in order not to rant...I'll try to make this short(er) then I usually write about...on things:
1.If we are a so-called "Community"...then by golly we should hold some type of relevant value to what someone has said...even if it is the Forums...in the "Community"!
2. None of us woke up and was suddenly "all-knowing"...overnight. Check your tone...if it sounds like you have all the answers...my guess is that your too immature to realize that you know very little about how you fit into the cosmos...and you talk big to make yourself feel better.
3. Guess what...this one may be a shocker, too...People got all kinds of views on everything from the best toilet paper...to how the stars were aligned in the heavens. If someone doesn't see your own personal take on things...that's just life...get over it...move on with your life!
4. Get a Hub...If all you do is write on the Forums...you are missing a key ingredient as to what holds us together as a "Hub" community. Get a Hub! (It is a bond that most all of us share here on Hubpages.)
5. If all you do on the Forums all day is sit around in your own little safe topics and "winky-nod" to all the ones who think like you...and criticize the ones that don't...what makes you think...in a million years...that someone would try to understand your side of things. Seems to me this type of Forum Poster has worked hard to build a wall around themselves.
6. Life is short...why can't we have more fun things to share...and less of the negative. OMG! (And we are headed into the the bottom innings of a political election year...Oh brother!?) I promise...I will not state my views like I know all there is to know about every topic discussion I enter...Will you make that same promise?
7. My College Business Statistics Professor stated...and I quote: "Statistics can be changed and arranged to justify anything anyone wants them to justify...on the planet"...end quote. We all know...in our heart of hearts...that the media and every organization trying to substantiate themselves...uses their own statistics to make a point. (Like for instance several different Car Dealerships in my area, use to always say that they were the Number One leader in "Insert Their Car Brand" sales in our area...in the Nation. In Actuality...How many car dealership dealers can be ranked Number One in the Nation for one city...for the same automobile brand.) How many times does someone put up one link as a statistic to prove their point on a thread. All I'm thinking when I read a suspected bias link...is "Really? That doesn't prove a thing!?" So, my point is: One Link from One Statiscal Survey...don't mean jack. And by that...I mean that going on and on about what one link has stated as a means to prove everything you ever wanted to say...is ridiculous! I never did take debate in high school...but I can pretty much bet...that the instructors would have told you to use more then one source as your basis for your argument. Pretty much bet you that all instructors would have said something like that. Peace Out...Have a Nice Day!
I am just a mere simple Poetry man...don't take anything I have to say literally. Perhaps this was my rant (afterall) on how the HubPage Forums are such a "Community"!
Your reasoning applies to the Political and Religious forum - generally newbies are warned away from those areas and I don't frequent them myself.
However if you're talking SEO/traffic etc, there are a LOT of newbies who claim to know it all but don't - which is why they get corrected by older, more experienced members.
I have found much more community within my own hubs and those that I read and comment on. I think the forums here are active, but a very small representation of the overall HP community.
I think you should have made a hub of this comment. It'd probably have got wider readership too!
Oh man...Now you tell me......That's A Great Suggestion...I should have thought of that earlier...I bet...Dern it!
I guess for me...when I joined Hubpages...I was like..."Awesome...They have a Forum...Now we can talk about all kinds of writing stuff, say stupid puns out loud, tell jokes, and create some fun topics to discuss...!?" Nope...Same 'Ol...Same 'Ol.
Thanks to all who commented on my little thread posting here!
Let's face it, MPM, HP has changed from how it used to be a year or so ago. Now one has to walk on eggshells in the forums and even then you may be hit by an unexplained ban if certain of the chosen do not appreciate your post or it hits too close to the truth.
I predict a mass exodus if things continue as they are here. Once a writing site starts elevating volunteers to the point it causes strife among the common members it is usually the beginning of the end for the community. I've observed it happen before. Too bad for them and us!
Good on you mate!
Yes, we did used to have a lot of fun and a Great 'Community Spirit' and now we don't... because that positive behavior has been broken down and carted away to the boring gray pastures... and one hell of a lot of great personalities have either been banned, or have left in disgust of poor decision making!
Hell, I even chased a Moose out of the Forums, after a UFO was found in a thread! Besides, We Didn't have our Party and Frank left!
I agree with your OP and need to say that there is Nothing Mere about you Poet, in my opinion!
A UFO was in a thread...and you had to chase a Moose out...cuz' of it you say!? I got to hear that story sometime...
"Positive behavior has been broken down and carted away to the boring gray pastures... and one hell of a lot of great personalities have either been banned, or have left!" Well put, my friend...Actually...it was excellently put!
As usual...your knack for putting down the right words...displays itself...once again. You...my friend...are an excellent writer! And ...BTW...Thanks for what you said about my "mereness"...
Cheers to ya', PD!
by Mark McClean 6 years ago
Do you write for Google or the internal Hubpage community?As I read through the Hubpage tutorials they pointed out it is best to write articles that are "Evergreen."However MANY of the articles I read on Hubpages are simple commentary seemingly directed toward their Hubpage followers.I am...
by Winsome 9 years ago
Being relatively new to Hubpages, I have enjoyed touring the hubs, reading and noticing the comments of others. As I approach having 50 followers, I would like to know what "fan" experiences you have had in the forums.
by Karli Duran 8 years ago
And it's getting worse. I've been on HubPages for almost a year, and it was a lot more fun in the forums a year ago, people use to leave more comments, and some people are just plain rude.
by Don Bobbitt 4 months ago
It looks like a fourth of my feed lately is comprised of new people wanting the rest of us to tell them how to write. All day I get request after request for help on passing the Quality Assessment. I mean Really? Many of your requests are just one step above being a jumble of mis-spelled words...
by Kate Swanson 4 years ago
I know you can have more than one account on HubPages. However in talking to someone recently, I realise I'm fuzzy about the rules. Can a staff member comment on the statements below please?I know that when you're posting in a forum thread, you MUST stick to using one...
by Sondra Rochelle 12 months ago
New people are always welcome on this site, but they need to understand that this is not a site like Facebook. HP is a community of writers who have come here to hone their skills and perhaps earn a few dollars.If your only goal is to show up out of the blue, produce nothing, but spend your...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|