jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I be considered for a Rising Star accolade?

1. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 3 years ago

How can I be considered for a Rising Star accolade?

I know it's a random selection, but is there anything I can do to get noticed on Hub Pages?  I'm already quite active in the forums and the answers panel, and hop hubs sometimes too.  Also, how long are you a member of HP until you don't qualify as a 'newbie' anymore?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I don't know if there's a trick to it. Simply write as well as you can and one of your hubs may be chosen. Of the three hubs I had nominated, two of them had scores in the high 70s, didn't have many views, and I didn't think they were my best work, but both of them won the award.

The only time I think of people as newbies is if they're still in boot camp. Once they've written their five hubs that push them out of boot camp, I consider them a vet. But that's me and different people have different ideas about what constitutes being a newbie.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

I have noticed that some people are extremely good at presentation and get high marks. They tend to be excellent writers or communicators, use the capsules decently, as well as the other things required for Stellar Hubs: polls, videos, links, decent pictures, titles and sourcing ...

Let the work look neat and not too bulky. separate your paragraphs well, make sure its well researched and finally watch the writings and presentations of people who get stars.

I believe that the Hub Pages Team are sourcing out new areas and genres from time to time for various reasons, and as in football, some star-achievers may fall into the category of luck (just what we needed at the right time.) Best wishes.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 3 years ago

Try this page, and you can be nominated for the Rising Star accolade as long as you've been here for less than six months.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Comm … d_22578126

working