How many HubPages "Accolades" do you have right now?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (35 posts)
  1. nehanatu86 profile image86
    nehanatu86posted 11 years ago

How many HubPages "Accolades" do you have right now?

Are you working towards achieving any specific accolade? If yes, which one is it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7741342_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

I don't know.  I know the pissy persons that run the forum take two or three every time they make the random and silly political (and totally self serving) choice to ban me from the forums.

I couldn't care less though - I write for income here.

3. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 11 years ago

Accolades are electronic medals like Mick S said. They are there, but not why I write so no, I'm not working towards anything specific. Right now I have a dozen, but again I write because I enjoy sharing info and hope to earn. I don't write because I want accolades. Accolades make no difference in the hubbers I choose to follow or whose hubs I read. I doubt it makes little difference in who reads mine or follows me as well.

1. LauraD093 profile image72
      LauraD093posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I follow for content not # of accolades. How many do I have?...Who knows I've never counted them lol

2. Express10 profile image86
      Express10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guess for some they are nice but definitely don't play any role as to why I'm here. I'm pretty sure this is the case for a large number of hubbers.

3. nehanatu86 profile image86
      nehanatu86posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response Express10 and Laura.

4. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

I have 12 but you'd never know from my hubberscore that keeps fluctuating, ha ha ha. But seriously, like the others said, accolades are not something you consciously strive to achieve except maybe number of hubs and hubviews. It's a nice surprise when one pops up. It's also an incentive that acknowledges your progress overall. That's not a bad thing. But it probably would decrease a lot of hubber stress and self-imposed competition if they were hidden.

Thank you for your answer Janshares

5. MichaelJohnMele profile image60
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 11 years ago

I'm not really sure how many I have...but I know I want more. They may be meaningless like some people have responded prior, but it's all in fun...lighten up people and stop taking things so seriously.

Thanks for the question.

Thanks MichaelJohnMele

6. Neinahpets profile image81
    Neinahpetsposted 11 years ago

When I started writing on Hubpages I knew nothing of "accolades" so I wasn't too concerned about them; however, in my 6 weeks of being here I have earned 6.  I honestly don't really care either way if I have the merit, but i do care what they stand for since it means I have gotten views and am active with others.   

My goal of writing here was income and sharing things that interest me with the world (health, fitness, weddings, art, and cooking mostly).

The one I suppose that I care most about that I achieved was the Rising Star accolade when I was only at 3.5 weeks being a member here. 

The following week I won the Rising Star again.

I was nominated for a third week but I did not get it that time, but I suspected I wouldn't since the hub chosen in the category was probably my "worst" hub for that category and mostly entailed links to information rather than in depth writing.

I do not know if I will be nominated again in the remaining 3 weeks that I can be nominated, but I will be surprised if so. 

If I wanted to achieve a specific accolade it would have been that Rising Star that I achieved since it's rare and means that the community has recognized that I have potential as a new hubber - and as someone who has never done online article writing, I'm rather proud of that accomplishment.

Wow! Thats pretty impressive Neinahpets. Thanks for sharing! smile

2. Neinahpets profile image81
      Neinahpetsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're most certainly welcome.  Thank you.

7. Brittanie2216 profile image76
    Brittanie2216posted 11 years ago

I have seven and I actually do put getting more of them in my goals.  I like to challenge my self by setting monthly goals like in one month I want to achieve 10 new hubs 1 more accolade and 5,000 views.  It keeps me motivated, I write because I love to write but even still sometimes I need a little something extra to work for.

7 is great! Good luck for achieving your goal Brittanie

8. sasanqua profile image78
    sasanquaposted 11 years ago

Yikes...a simple harmless question but so many angry responses! I have nine and I'm proud of that smile

1. MickS profile image59
      MickSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where are the angry responses?  Only in your mind I think. On another question you accused me of being disrespectful, her you are suggesting lots of angry responses, perhaps you need to look at your intepretations.

2. Brinafr3sh profile image79
      Brinafr3shposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's the right attitude, good question  Nehanatu86, and good answer Sansanqua. Thanks

3. nehanatu86 profile image86

Thanks for the supportive answer Sasanqua. That was sweet! smile Nine is really awesome... great going!

9. wqaindia profile image37
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

It is difficult to count. I just see my HubScore and if it falls below 80 I come again and see it is lifted. Accolades is the subject matter of HP. Let there we an accolade for retaining the Hub Score above 70 or 80 or 90 or perfect 100 for a continuous period of three months. But I have not yet completed my probation period of three months at HP.

Thank you for the answer wqaindia

10. SimpleJoys profile image68
    SimpleJoysposted 11 years ago

Right now I have only 2. I am still relatively new here so am just beginning to understand things. I am hoping to soon get my 10 Hub award and am counting towards my 1000 views.  I am moving slower than I wanted due to medical treatments!

Thats a good start SimpleJoys! Good luck to you smile

11. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 11 years ago

I currently have eight.
    While accolades are nice to have (and they look snazzy on my profile!) I'm not really working towards any one specifically right now, but I'd like to get the 100,000 view one sometime.

Awesome! Thanks for your response Cardia.

12. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 11 years ago

I have 11 accolades at this time, I'm not actually working at getting anymore accolades but it's nice to get them unintentionally. I've been with Hubpages 2 years and counting, I'm glad I found out about it when I did. Hubpages helped changed my life literally.

Thank you Brinafr3sh. 11 is really great going! smile

13. TheHoleStory profile image71
    TheHoleStoryposted 11 years ago

I have 8 to date so far!

Nice! Theholestory.... Goodluck & thanks for your answer.

14. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

i have 11 accolades. I am now fight THE DAY badge. Really hard to get that badge!!

Thank you for your response peachpurple. Goodluck! smile

15. profile image0
    Educateurselfposted 11 years ago

It only makes a good impression on other hubbers or visitors who view your profile and there is nothing else special.But i think it is nice thing by hub to show you your reward of how you are working on hubpages.

Thankyou Educateurself.

16. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

I have 9 so far. Accolades always make me happy but I do not make any conscious effort to achieve them. They happen if we are active here.
    What makes me really happy and encourages me is the page views and comments because the figures show that so many number of people have actually read my writings.

Thanks Chitrangada! 9 accolades in 10 months is like superfast! Awesome.. great going. Goodluck to you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)