jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Wahhoooo

1. Frugal Fanny profile image59
    Frugal Fannyposted 7 years ago

I just made my first $1.43 from Google Adsense!!!

Of course, it was because my buddy went to my website and clicked on all of my ads, but that's ok!  It still rocks. big_smile

1. shazwellyn profile image81
      shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It gives you hope that it works... well done lovely lady!

2. profile image0
      Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yikes I hope you're kidding!! Because if not, that's not ok!

Frugal Fannyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nope, I'm not kidding.  As my buddy says... "I can't pay you for helping me by editing my manuscript, so I'm going to go on your site as often as I can and click all your google ads."  She so rocks. big_smile

1. profile image0
          Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's not ok by Google-- As stated in their policies: "Invalid Clicks and Impressions

Publishers may not click their own ads or use any means to inflate impressions and/or clicks artificially, including manual methods.

Clicks on Google ads must result from genuine user interest. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on your Google ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include, but are not limited to, repeated manual clicks or impressions, automated click and impression generating tools and the use of robots or deceptive software. Please note that clicking your own ads for any reason is prohibited.

Publishers may not ask others to click their ads or use deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. This includes, but is not limited to, offering compensation to users for viewing ads or performing searches, promising to raise money for third parties for such behavior or placing images next to individual ads."

you may want to tell her to stop!

Frugal Fannyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Duly noted!  I didn't realise that.  TY smile

2. Ivorwen profile image78
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I'm happy for Fanny, but Google frowns on such behavior, and will cancel accounts for repeated excessive clicking.

working