jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is it just me, or does the Hub of the Day sometimes seem a bit underwhelming, me

1. Misfit Chick profile image73
    Misfit Chickposted 3 years ago

Is it just me, or does the Hub of the Day sometimes seem a bit underwhelming, mediocre, amateurish..

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning - that happens. And I'm not saying that Stephanie's hub is bad at all - it's cute. But, this is the best we've got? One odd craft after another as Hubpages 'best'? It sure seems like there are alot of them, anyway. No offense crafters - I heart crafting & crochet, myself.

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Perhaps our Hub Overlords are recognizing the value of attracting more the Pinterest crowd to HubPages. Crafty hubs are oh, so pinnable!

3. PegCole17 profile image94
    PegCole17posted 3 years ago

Rest assured, it's not just you. Sometimes the choices for HoTD are top notch and other times, not so much. I'd like to see a link for users to submit hubs to be considered as Hub of The Day. I'm sure we've all read fantastic hubs that would be great candidates for this prestigious award.
    I'm reminded of the news channels on TV that run their lead story about a football coach quitting or a lemonade stand. Are you kidding me? With all that's going on in the world, is this really the top news? Perhaps the choices have a lot to do with the type of audience that HP is trying to attract.

1. erinshelby profile image75
      erinshelbyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well said, PegCole17!

working