jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people on here seem to be unaware that search engines like Google exist?

1. Ally Lewis profile image75
    Ally Lewisposted 3 years ago

Why do people on here seem to be unaware that search engines like Google exist?

2. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 3 years ago

I'm guessing there are quite a few writers here who still do not understand how search engines work, and the importance of keywords.  Still others, like me, aren't here for the money, so our knowledge of search engines, or lack thereof, is by choice. We are writers...we try to improve our craft...HP is just a community and platform that allows us to do so.  I actually understand search engines because I do SEO work for customers, but when it comes to my own writing, I just don't care. smile

Ally Lewisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like to go through the Q&A just to pick up extra information about, well, anything, and all I see are questions that someone could just type into Google! It's frustrating, but maybe that's just me. Thanks for answering!

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It's also possible that someone posted the question with the intention of getting traffic. A small amount of revenue can be generated by your questions, so if you ask one that is likely to get found by google, then you'll have a higher chance of earning money. Unfortunately this means we get a lot of repetitive and spammy questions filling the Q&A feed.

Ally Lewisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Right, that makes sense!

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was going to say. Unless I feel I can really add valuable information, I usually skip those kinds of questions.

working