jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

For some reason, I can't seem to get any feedback on Facebook when I share my wr

1. kndashy41 profile image79
    kndashy41posted 3 years ago

For some reason, I can't seem to get any feedback on Facebook when I share my writings there.

It seems a little discouraging that very few people that I know read my stuff.  I also have an excerpt from my newly published book posted here in Hubpages and shared on FB, which, of course, nobody read.  I tried to figure in quality, but, if there was a problem, Hubpages wouldn't have allowed me to publish the works. It's funny, whenever I post a stupid joke or something that, to me seems trivial, then people respond immediately. Maybe my stuff is just "boring." Any thoughts? Suggestions?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Most "Facebook friends" are not "real friends". Therefore they will not have an interest in most things you post. Secondly a lot of folks have short attention spans and would rather (scan) a couple short paragraphs than to read a full article.
    Lastly if the topic is not something they're interested in or they disagree with you  they're not likely read or post any comments/likes.

kndashy41posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's kind of what I figured.  Most of the folks I network with I know personally, though.  I suppose their attention span is as long as their last post...

3. profile image0
    Crisantonioposted 3 years ago

I have the same issue - although I don't really consider it much of a problem. Have you tried other forms of social media like Twitter? When it comes to Hubs, I rely more on organic traffic and referrals. Actually, I've taken a look at your content and they seem pretty interesting to me (I'll drop a comment or two soon). I would suggest optimizing them for search engines, OR trying other platforms.

kndashy41posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's good advice.  I've never considered SEO for hub writing.

working