What percent of your writing day is devoted to what?

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image96
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

What percent of your writing day is devoted to what?

My "writing" day usually last about 12 hours.  Of that, I've taken a look at what I actually do during that day in terms of percentage.  Just curious...how does your day break down and should I consider anything else in the matrix?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12047555_f260.jpg

2. ThelmaC profile image95
    ThelmaCposted 3 years ago

I wish I had the time to have a "writing" day.  I have to grab time as I can.  I usually spend about equal time in research and writing.  When I'm not writing, I spend time marketing but I feel like I don't devote enough time to that important function.  If you are working on your writing 12 hours at a time, you are in great shape!

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

I usually try to limit it to 2-3 hours a day-on the days when I am not working.  Usually, I might set aside a day or two.for research before I actually write.  Then do some minor research to polish up what I am working on.  I do not do much marketing but when I finish the e-book that I am working on, I will be adding that in.  In my job, I have seven days off from work (not including vacations).  So I set out to write 30 pages a month.

working