How do I know what to edit out when Hubpages tells me to edit my hub?

1. bkwriter profile image80
    bkwriterposted 3 years ago

How do I know what to edit out when Hubpages tells me to edit my hub?

I have a hub with a status of unpublished because it has "duplicate material" which is bizarre to me since I didn't copy any other website or person while writing it.  The site says I must edit it before it can be published.  How am I supposed to know which part to take out?  It's not very helpful for the site to just say "edit this" without any other explanation.

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Duplicate material means what it says so I suspect you have something in your hub that is elsewhere on the web? I had this experience last year. I quoted some lines from an Anne Frank letter but used too much material and got the duplicate material flag. All I had to do was cut down on the amount of material - a few lines - and all was well afterwards.
    Perhaps you could also check through your hub and look for anomalies - capsules repeated? - links - grammar - that sort of thing. Also make sure any images used are related to the text and all above board.
    Best of luck!!

3. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yes, i agree that it must be some of the text in your hub are found elsewhere. Try to copy one sentence, paste in goggle and search, you will be surprised!

working