jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Are there other sites similar to Hubpages and is there a lot to gain?

1. Chriswillman90 profile image98
    Chriswillman90posted 3 years ago

Are there other sites similar to Hubpages and is there a lot to gain?

2. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

you can try writedge, daily two cents and bubblews but the third one is slow at earning. I prefer writedge

Chriswillman90posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Interesting I'll check them out and see how they are thanks.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I also like Examiner.com
    However they do have some requirements such as submitting a sample article for approval before they accept you, attending a phone conference orientation, choosing a specific category/topic you will be focusing your writing, and a request to publish at least two articles per month. You will be notified each time you don't publish within time.
    Once you are accepted as a writer you start to earn based upon views. There is no third party approval required like Google Adsence.
    Some of the down sides are I don't believe they are international. Primarily a U.S. operation. There is little if any interaction between other writers because you do not receive notifications.
    Therefore there is little if any of a feeling of "community", no Q&A or forum sections, you are responsible for promoting your articles via Facebook, LinkedIn Groups, and various other avenues as only your immediate "subscribers" would be notified of any new article you wrote since notifications aren't sent out based upon topics.
    Lastly if you don't maintain publishing an article every two weeks or so you run the risk of being placed on a type of "probation".

1. cjhunsinger profile image73
      cjhunsingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

dashing
      Your description of  Examiner.com is interesting. I will take a look at it.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

cjhunsinger, If someone is (serious) about publishing something along the lines of having a column geared towards a specific topic and has the discipline they'll enjoy it. You'd use your real name, photo, and bio just like a newspaper.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image89
      Billie Kelpinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dashing, what's the monetary situation at examiner.com?

4. cjhunsinger profile image73
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

Quora.com is, arguably, the best site. The answers to positions and questions seem to be more thought out, with more emphasis on content and much less personalty.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Don't waste your time with Bubblews, they've already hit the iceberg and are sinking fast, if you catch my drift.

Chriswillman90posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've read about their struggles so will probably avoid that one.

working