jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I received an email stating that my first publishing has substantial similarity.

1. Dr Ricardo Reyes profile image61
    Dr Ricardo Reyesposted 2 years ago

I received an email stating that my first publishing has substantial similarity....

I received an email stating that my first publishing has substantial similarity, but I'm wondering if its finding the same blog I post on my website, badfeet.com as well? I did not copy my written opinion piece from anyone, its merely observations and information from my own practice. Please help correct this, thank you.

2. RonElFran profile image99
    RonElFranposted 2 years ago

Ricardo, your hub cannot appear anywhere else on the web, not even on your own blog. So, even though you wrote it, if it appears anywhere else on the internet, you'll be flagged for duplicate content. Please see http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732309

In order to publish the same content on HubPages that now exists on your blog, you'd have to remove it from your blog, then give it time to be de-indexed by Google and other search engines before submitting it to HubPages.

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

if you have posted the same article at your website, you cannot post it here at HP, the exact article. You have to rewrite the article, at least 70%, leaving 30% unchanged. Otherwise, this is consider as copy and paste even though it is your own article.

4. lawdoctorlee profile image86
    lawdoctorleeposted 2 years ago

Ricardo, duplicate content is not permitted on HubPages, even if it is your own work.  The content only need be substantially similar in order for the hub to be considered as containing duplicate content.  The same thing happened to me when I published a hub that contained a significant similarity to an Op-Ed I wrote for the Gainesville Sun.

You will have to re-write/revise your hub and then submit it for publication once again so that the staff can review it.

One of our fellow hubbers wrote a hub on this issue.  You can read "How to Handle a Duplicate Content Warning on HubPages" by Deborah Neyens at the following URL:  http://deborahneyens.hubpages.com/hub/H … n-HubPages

Wishing you much success here on HubPages.

working