|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
I received an email stating that my first publishing has substantial similarity....
I received an email stating that my first publishing has substantial similarity, but I'm wondering if its finding the same blog I post on my website, badfeet.com as well? I did not copy my written opinion piece from anyone, its merely observations and information from my own practice. Please help correct this, thank you.
Ricardo, your hub cannot appear anywhere else on the web, not even on your own blog. So, even though you wrote it, if it appears anywhere else on the internet, you'll be flagged for duplicate content. Please see http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732309
In order to publish the same content on HubPages that now exists on your blog, you'd have to remove it from your blog, then give it time to be de-indexed by Google and other search engines before submitting it to HubPages.
if you have posted the same article at your website, you cannot post it here at HP, the exact article. You have to rewrite the article, at least 70%, leaving 30% unchanged. Otherwise, this is consider as copy and paste even though it is your own article.
Ricardo, duplicate content is not permitted on HubPages, even if it is your own work. The content only need be substantially similar in order for the hub to be considered as containing duplicate content. The same thing happened to me when I published a hub that contained a significant similarity to an Op-Ed I wrote for the Gainesville Sun.
You will have to re-write/revise your hub and then submit it for publication once again so that the staff can review it.
One of our fellow hubbers wrote a hub on this issue. You can read "How to Handle a Duplicate Content Warning on HubPages" by Deborah Neyens at the following URL: http://deborahneyens.hubpages.com/hub/H … n-HubPages
Wishing you much success here on HubPages.
by Lisa3 years ago
Warnings on HubPages article stating my article has been duplicated
by Jose Velasquez5 years ago
For the second time my poetry challenges have been flagged for content violations. I do not know why people are offended by something i tried to create to help fellow poets on HubPages, but HubPages has made it...
by Vikash Kumar6 years ago
Yesterday i posted a Hubpage : - http://vikashkumar.hubpages.com/hub/Metal-For-Jewelryand it got cache with in a hour and now after 24 hours they are saying that my content is duplicate but y article is completely...
by srwnson8 years ago
I get these all the time, but I think the worst was one I received the other day stating; a dying widow needed me to accept her millions because she had no family. She said,"the Lord had guided her to me."
by Susana S7 years ago
I don't think I'm alone in thinking that the main thing that has dragged hubpages down in this latest algo change is the amount of crappy content posted on here over the years. I understand the reasoning behind the...
by Georgiana Dacosta3 years ago
I can't seem to find an answer for this in the learning center. I have a large set of articles I've been writing for a while + some time on my hands to dedicate to Hubpages for the next couple of months. Would...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.