Good news about dormant hubs - similar experience?

1. Easy Exercise profile image86
    Easy Exerciseposted 3 years ago

Good news about dormant hubs - similar experience?

For spring cleaning (of my hubs), I have taken the slow moving ones and started to promote them and the promotion is working! Have you had a similar experience?

2. Steele Fields profile image78
    Steele Fieldsposted 3 years ago

To be honest, I do not understand the whole money making aspect of Hubpages. 
    I am just a lowly writer seeking exposure, not expecting compensation, and not willing to blatantly commercialize my art. 
    That being said, however,  I have had around 11,000 hits over the past couple of years, which I know is really no biggie in cyber world, but to this old broad, it ain't too shabby. 
    I recently re-wrote the one hub that has gotten the most hits, and I must say, it pains me to think so many folks read the former version as I now much prefer the latest version.

But I sucked it up and divided my poems into "capsules," for whatever God forsaken reason, and capitalized all of my poem's titles, as instructed (which would have e.e.cummings rolling in his grave) though as an English teacher, I am fully aware of the rules of capitalization.  I am also fully aware of the rules of poetic license, but apparently "The Illuminati" who run this shindig are much more concerned with "adsense" and pretense than this journey woman wordsmith.

The whole deal  is and always will be a mystery to me. I can't even stand reading Hubs about it.  I just wanted readers to appreciate and respond to my poetic offerings.  For me, a valid, honest comment is worth a hell of a lot more than the pathetic $2.67 Paypal transfer I earned from my 11,000 hits, lol!
    I guess I'm too 'outside the box' to fit inside of the one.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
    All the best to you,
    Sue aka Steele